Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014


FSU WINS!!!

This is the best answer I've ever heard to the question, "Why do sports matter?"

"Sports are a part of the human condition and so they must matter. Every society invents games and competitions. Or at least tests of strength, speed, or skill. And so since that competitive drive is a part of being a human, then it must be an important part of being alive."

This National Championship Game was not a life or death struggle. Let's all keep sportball games in perspective. But, holy smokes, that was great.

When I went to school there in the early 2000's, we had a quarterback named Chris Rix. He was a nice human being but was put in a situation where he struggled mightily. He found a way to consistently snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. His legacy has tainted every sporting event since. Each game turns into a "Guillotine Game", when I know we'll lose, but I don't know when or how.

To win this National Championship Game, in this fashion, is still almost impossible to comprehend. And I just watched it happen.

My phone BLEW UP at the end of the game, because people knew that was my team. For better or worse, Florida State is a part of me and I am a part of it.

Now, in the afterglow, I've been watching ESPN rehash the game over and over. And I still have trouble believing it happened.




Florida State Had A Horrible First Half



Red Lightning Is Not Happy With Florida State Right Now



Florida State Wins A Positively Bonkers BCS Championship Game


And just to be fair and balanced:


No comments:

Post a Comment