Monday, May 25, 2015

Home Stretch - May 25, 2015



After posting for four years, I find myself needing this kind of digital dumping ground to stay organized. The summer festivals are almost here, and I haven't made a plan as to what neighborhood fest corresponds with which Sounders game or weekend away from town. 

And since I haven't been posting anything here, I definitely feel scatter brained.

Part of that is definitely work related. It's been a hard year. Work has been... a struggle. A friend told me recently that he enjoyed his job more this year. It was because he felt his bosses didn't affect 90% of what he did on a daily basis. I feel just the opposite. My schedule is screwed up. That wasn't my choice. And the year got off to a crappy start when I was teaching all periods and coaching a varsity sport. So I think the kids never got into the normal routines that I typically establish. And I share a classroom with someone who lets the kids run wild, so things get moved, lost, or stolen. It's driving me crazy.

Which brings me to now. I took a break from doing this for a month or so. I thought it would let me focus more on things that matter. But when I look back at the past month, it just feels like I haven't been doing anything. Even though I know I have. 

My phone has no pictures. I haven't photographed people for weeks.

Lately:








Drew Magary hates commencement speaches. Or loves them. Either way, his are better than 99% of them.


The McTuff Trio plays Seamonster Lounge every Tuesday for free.




Today:
Still gives me chills.

I've been using this drain cleaner with baking soda. But all my pipes are still a little sluggish. You don't really appreciate your plumbing until it starts to act up.


No comments:

Post a Comment