Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 73 - 12/17/10

Breakfast Party - Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Potatoes, Bacon, Fake Mimosas and Top Pot Doughnuts.  Then some kids wandered by and wanted our help because they were worried about their grades.  Can't they see we're busy?


I specifically told kids not to bring presents for me.  I said I always forget who gave me all that sugar and I can never eat it all.  I told them how much I liked cards.  Just a little note is all I need... and they still gave me a bunch of sugar.  Next Report Card, everyone is getting: Comment 79 - Better Listening Needed.  (Seriously though, these kids are total sweethearts).



One of my students missed a week of school in November to attend a medical conference with his family.  Today, this kid came up to me and said he had a present for me.  Confused, I asked him what "Omnicare" meant.  Was that some kind of weird Belgian chocolate?  He said "I saw these a month ago and I stole one for you.  I only stole two chocolates for my two favorite teachers!!  Thanks?


This is everything I could want.


Staff Party 2: Electric Boogaloo.  Of course, after telling some folks that candid photos are so great,  none of the candid photos came out at all.  So the one posed photo I took is the one that will represent this party.  Good turnout, good times.  The white elephant gift exchange traded my old Guitar Hero controller to a 40 of Old English.  Upgrade!

No comments:

Post a Comment