Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Self Imposed Torture

December 23, 2011
Running Time: 129 minutes

The movie was enjoyable.
The torture was the 108 ounces of Coke Zero.
(measurement approximate)
Why do I do this to myself?
"Well, the large is only a few cents more than the small."
And it helps the theater.
Also, movies used to be shorter.

Linkage:
Anthony Bourdain's Christmas Special
A holiday episode that avoids warm, fuzzy feelings.
(I've never posted a video this big.  I was just looking for a trailer but the whole episode is online.)  

Call 719-266-2837 for all your emergency Hall and Oates needs.


Got my pass today.  
It's not the absolute LAST minute.



I've been looking for my next YA fix.
These suggestions are from an actual librarian:

The Maze Runner Trilogy – James Dashner
The Future of Us – Jay Asher 
(if you haven’t read 13 Reasons Why by this same author, it is a MUST read – if you do audio books, it is almost better than the actual book)
Malice and Havoc (but there might be a next one) – Chris Wooding



I heard about this song in a Taylor Swift tweet.
Yes, I follow T-Swizzle on Twitter.

This is why she's T Swizzle:


Taylor Swift's Precociousness Problem
The most obvious example of this, of course, is Swift's now infamous surprise face, the one she deploys every time she wins an award. The face is meant to be genuine, humble, and polite, but it comes off as affected. She has won more than 60 awards. It is getting difficult to believe it's a shock. Swift, like the good, smart stage kid she is, is obeying the letter, rather than the spirit, of graciousness. She comes across as disingenuous in the very act of being herself.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that I am quoted on a blog! I am glad that you enjoyed the Hunger Games triology - I already have the movie viewing on my calendar! Here's to a great 2012!

    ReplyDelete