Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jump On It!

December 6, 2011
Pep Band at the basketball game. 
Turbo crushed it.  
"Seven Nation Army", "Crazy In Love", "Bad Romance", and "Jump On It". 

The band goes all the way to the top.  
Well, the guy leaning in the red shirt is not in the band, but everyone else is.

Linkage:

Klosterman always talks about the acceleration of culture.  This is a prime example of that theory.
Think about how fast some of these memes disappeared.

from Erin Foster’s Blog
Totally Confident and Completely Insecure
I’ve always had compulsive honesty, regardless of the repercussions. But the older I get, the more I see people telling me to lie and cover things up. And it finds its way into my head. No girlfriend encourages you to tell someone you love them, when they know they might not love you back. But the truth sits in me like a disease and I don’t know how to live with it by myself. I have to let it out! I have to make you live with it too. I go against what my friends tell me because they only know how to protect me from the world. They are on the side of keeping my insides safe, and I’m on the side of making the truth less scary.

From the author:
THE HAPPINESS PROJECT is the memoir of the year I spent test-driving the wisdom of the ages, current scientific studies, and lessons from popular culture about how to be happier – happily, it was a #1 New York Times bestseller. As one of the hundreds of experiments I've conducted, I started this blog. Here, I recount my daily adventures in pursuit of happiness. – 
Gretchen Rubin



I love the line “Lots of people sleep with her because she’s an anesthesiologist.”

And at that moment, I realized how ridiculous I was. Somehow adopting Bacon had become the epitome of my mid-twenties struggles. I thought if I had a dog to come home to, it wouldn’t matter that I worked late hours and lacked challenge at my legal job. If I could walk her, it was okay that I felt that I was losing touch with what few friends to their relative jobs and lives. And while she sat there, chewing on her bone and waiting for me to get out of the shower, I could feel confident and loved, even if I’d gained nearly 20 lbs in 2 years as my mother reminds me every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment