Monday, December 10, 2012

12/2

December 2, 2012
In the process of moving, I fell WAY behind on the blog. Normally, I post links to all of these things, maybe upload a video or two, check my twitter feed for great stories of the day, then think of a "clever" title. I'll never catch up if I do that. So I'm just going to punt these three weeks and post the drafts. Jalen Rose always says "It's not my job to do your research. Google it." So if you're really interested in a link, just google it. I'm sure you can find it. I believe in you.
 
Forgiveness Sunday

Heckler
Lots of comedians, musicians, and athletes talk about heckling.
 
Catching Hell
Includes a history of scapegoats, where a village would pile all of their sins onto a goat and stone it to death.

Waiting for Superman
I saw a screening of this at SIFF a few years ago.  The director held a Q&A after the movie.  Someone in the crowd asked if the director hated teachers.  That was a profoundly stupid question.  The whole point of the movie is that good teachers are the answer.  The question posed by the movie is, "Why does the system make it so hard to find and keep good teachers?"
 
 

I bought this headlamp at REI last year. I was going to buy a cheaper model, but the guy kind of insisted that this was the one I wanted. He works for REI, so I knew he wasn't trying to trick me.  This probably was the headlamp I wanted.  He was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment