Saturday, December 22, 2012

Schooling Youngbloods

December 18, 2012

Everything you need to know about the basketball team could be summed up by our 3-on-3 tournament.  Every kid on my team is faster, stronger and taller than me.  So, how on Earth did the coaches team dominate this tournament?  
Experience.  
We set screens, passed the ball, and made open layups.
We also didn't do anything stupid.
Why was my 6'2" post guy playing point guard?
Why did the kid with the best dribble drive settle for 30 foot shots?
Why did the most athletic girl in the gym not school the coaches off the dribble?  Or make us chase her while she drained 3's?
Listen to your elders.
It would have kept these Youngbloods from getting schooled.


Isn't this Slate article making the same point as Chris Rock?

GQ Holiday Gift Guide
I probably want most of this, I just don't know it yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment