Monday, April 15, 2013

It's a World of Slaughter After All!

March 31, 2013
 
A weekly look at the iPod of a regular dude trying to run himself out of an early grave.
 
Another week, another look inside what I am quickly discovering is my very limited iTunes library. This playlist is from the first time I ever ran five miles in one go. Enjoy a Spotify list if you are so inclined.
 
Sweat a hangover out guy: [slaps washboard abs] Drank too much last night, gonna go sweat this hangover out.
 
Me, with an actual hangover: flrglsmpher
 
Sweat a hangover out guy: It really works!
 
Me, with an actual hangover: [writhing on floor]
 
Sweat a hangover out guy: You should try it, you'll feel better.
 
Me, with an actual hangover: Excuse me, sir? Sir. Please stop speaking nonsense to me. As you can see, I am hungover. I've been in your situation before. You are tired. You had a few drinks, didn't sleep well because that's what alcohol does, and you are now calling yourself hungover. You don't sweat the hangover out running after that, you sweat the sweat out because you are not hungover.
This–[indicating flecks of salt falling out of eyes]–this is a hangover. I can't even cry properly because I drank seven bottles of wine and am so dehydrated that there is nothing to sweat out. So, no, I will not go running after that. Running while your body is in the process of returning the enormous middle finger you just gave it last night is a fool's errand. I know because I've done it. I bought in to your snake oil and I threw it up all over Van Cortlandt Park. "Oh, shoot," you're saying. "Got all these paper cuts. Let me go take an Italian Dressing bath to kickstart the recovery process!" That's what your telling me to do right now. Listen to how silly you sound.
 
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to lay on this couch and watch 18 hours of Felicity on Netflix. Get out of my face.
 
 
Today's Photos:
More Table Top Games!
Smallworld
The title of the post is the tagline of this game.
and 7 Wonders!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment