Sunday, March 25, 2012

WACA Flocka Flame

March 22, 2012
More conferring all day long.
The presentation here are a mixed bag.
I saw a few duds but I also saw some super cool stuff.
One presenter encapsulated the spirit of this conference.  He said "Everything I'm about to share with you, I stole from somebody else at this conference.  And the people I stole from are happy I did."
The only original idea in his presentation was awesome.  He used "Post Secret" as a model for students to share their issues in a safe, anonymous way.
After watching the perspecticles video, he mentioned that the difficulty was getting people's stories out there if they didn't feel they had anyone to talk to.  By using Post Secret, students had a better idea of what some of their classmates were going through.

Perspecticles

The conference was crawling with "partners" or "people who want you to rent their party supplies".  There were tons of demos of party supplies.  Like this giant hamster ball:

They even brought in a dance floor!



What's Up from WACA!



On a side note, I've been pretty unplugged the last few days.  
By which I mean I've only had my phone.  
But I still feel kind of cut off from the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment