Sunday, March 17, 2013

"Someone Must Have Stole It"

March 7, 2013

 I  understand the impulse.
When a kid is backed into a corner, and is worried they are going to get in trouble. They will lie.
It seems natural.
When they don't get a corrected test back the next day, they say to me "Hey, you lost my test!".
All the tests move a grand total of six and a half feet while they are in my possession.
There's nowhere for me to lose it.
But the blame comes so thick and fast. Teacher must have lost it.  Teacher must have lied and there never was a quiz. This other kid must have stole it.
"MUST have"! Flesh out that scenario where someone is backed into a corner and has no choice but to steal your test, because your middle school math test is that important.
  You've already burned the bridge where this might be a honest mistake.
So, it's too little too late when you come back a week later and sheepishly say "Oh, I found it in my backpack. Oops."
Now I like you less.
This same thing played out today with diabetes medicine. "One of the coaches left it on the bus, or somebody stole my personalized diabetes medication". Turns out she left it in our locker room.

Today's Photo:
This could be a first round playoff matchup.
Get excited now.

No comments:

Post a Comment