Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Emergency Kittens

June 24, 2013

YEEZUS





Michael Jackson Bad 25
BET made a 2-hour special about this album, showing all the videos and concert footage, including the first Moonwalk.
Smooth Criminal


Today's Photos:
Emergency kittens twitter feed

Why do pets matter? 

Let's start with this. Hobbes is stupid. Really stupid. As he's getting older, he gets parole in the front yard due to his good behavior. He spends most of this time trying to eat the grass. Eating the grass always makes him "kitty-urpie". You know that weird "unka unka" sound that a cat makes before they puke? Grass makes him do that every time. And grass is immediately the first thing he goes for when he goes outside. 
Hobbes is very, very stupid.

And in spite of the gaping void in his head where his brain is supposed to be, he knows me. He gets "excited" to see me. Probably because I've bought his love over the years with tuna fish and cream cheese. He loves cream cheese. I told you he was stupid.

I can pick him up, flip him over, put him on my head and essentially manhandle him any way I want. And he fucking loves it. He purrs so loud like some kind of adorable airplane engine. We've known each other for so long, he trusts me. We have a history together. I've had Hobbes since we adopted him when I was twelve. 

He is really old now.  We (and by "we" I mean my parents) have to give him saline injections every night. The vet said that with the injections, he would live another six months. That was almost two years ago. 

Hobbes doesn't do anything. He sits on his butt, eats, pukes and poops.  "Every moment he gets older, he becomes less deserving of our attention." He doesn't really do anything cute anymore. 
But every time we get together, I'm excited to see him and he's excited to see me.  We have a connection between man and beast that can only be forged with time and shared history.
We love each other in the best ways we know how.

And that's why pets matter.

"Hey Dummy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment