Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Taco Truck Fiesta

June 29, 2013


Should Mad Men's Season Finale Be The Series Finale?
But that's also why I think the ending of "In Care Of" might have been the perfect one for the series. Whether it was the Don of the early seasons, paranoid of being discovered, or the drunken lows of Seasons 4 and 6, or the temporarily "changed" self-deluded Don of Season 5, everything has been building to that moment where his facade collapses in the Hershey's meeting, everything has been driving towards the moment where he really, truly, needs to make peace with himself. And it's hard to picture Mad Men offering a resolution as beautiful, as simultaneously complex and simple, as when Don and Sally share that look outside of the old whorehouse. You can walk away with the hope that they'll be okay. It's not a guarantee, but nothing in life (or advertising) ever is.

David Aja on Writing A Comic From A Dog's Perspective
Suddenly, I started going what if --? I managed to explain everything with pictograms, everything the dog was smelling or hearing. It's a difficult comic, I think. There are lots of little details. It's the first time I have done lettering myself. I love Chris Eliopoulos, but in this issue, I put all the text in the balloons first and then erased all the words a dog would not understand. You'll see. It's something crazy. I can't believe they've let us do this stuff.
Today's Photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment