Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lonesome Keeper

June 28, 2012


Spiderman Mega Trailer
Sony Pictures' relentless marketing engine for The Amazing Spider-Man was annoying before, but now its zeal is measurable. The studio has released a total of 25 minutes of content (18 percent of the film's 136-minute running time) through trailers, featurettes and the like. I know this because a member of the WorstPreviews.com community has edited all the released footage into a 25-minute, spoileriffic mega trailer that essentially tells the movie's entire story.

Playing Keeper
I didn't volunteer to play goalie.  But in that moment after the question is floated "Anyone want to try playing in goal?", and not a single person is raising their hand, what I hear is, "Who is willing to sacrifice to help the team and do a job that none of us want to do?".

And then I raise my hand.

It's like being a kicker in football.
The Lonesome Kicker - Adam Sandler
"Another scored goal
And everybody blames me
But it was the left back
Who didn't pick up his man"



Today's Photo:
Golfing at Lynnwood

Sometimes I worry that my enthusiasm to try new things means I don't spend enough time with things where I excel.  I'm terrible at golf.  Just terrible.  And I understand the only way to get better is to practice.  So, while I'm hitting another ball directly into the lake, I tell myself that it's ok to stink at this, because I'm learning something new.  And learning something new is hard, and will take time.

But I'm already pretty good at tennis.  Yet I rarely ever go out and practice that.

No comments:

Post a Comment