Thursday, May 9, 2013

SMUSH by the Pool

May 3, 2013
 
Somehow, I was put in charge of some weird offshoot of the staff social committee.
This is strange because I don't plan social events.
 Ever.
Like not even birthday parties.
 
When I mailed in my National Boards, (which took about 300 hours to complete) my celebration was going to 7-11, getting a Double Super Big Gulp of Coke Zero, and filling it with Captain while I played Rock Band drums for 5 hours.
 
One time, I was in charge of a bachelor party. I had planned out some bar hopping and dinner. The groom got smashed pretty quick and audibled the party to Gameworks. Then he threw up on the side of 520. Also that marriage didn't last very long, but probably not because of the bachelor party. 
 
I'm definitlely getting off topic.
 
ANYWAY, somehow I was put in charge of SMUSH events.
I don't even really plan anything.
The original plan was to go to Coho Cafe.
Then some other people looked at a weather report and suggested a pool party. Then somebody else, suggested some pizza. Then there was sunscreen, and cups, and duct tape.
And a party.
 
These people are fun. They don't require much more than a loose outline and then they fill in the blanks.
 
I think my job on the social committee is like the string that you use to grow rock candy. At the beginning, you put some boring old string into sugar water. And at the end, you have this amazing thing that's beautiful and delicious and awesome.
The string didn't really do anything.
It just gave all the goodness somewhere to start building.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment