Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014



Bill Barnwell tries to fix the first round of the NBA Playoffs

Article From An FSU Fan about the Jameis Winston case.

I wish I wasn't interested with speed.
It seems like it's one of the only ways to "keep score" with running.
The enjoyable parts are the solitude and the scenery.
Speed/pace are the parts I could really do without.

This was a beautiful run today, as the clouds parted after dinner and the Burke-Gilman trail was (relatively) empty.
I try to make these easy miles, which is supposed to be good for your joints and tendons. 
But I swear, short legs make me seem even slower than other people.

I've reached a point where other people passing me isn't a big deal. 
And the point for me really isn't to go fast. 
Especially when I'm on my fourth mile and this punk, who's just starting his run, blows by me with a smug "ON YOUR LEFT!" when we're the only two people on the trail.

I didn't realize the trail ends unceremoniously near the Fred Meyer in Ballard.
I assumed it would end in a beautiful park, or with some kind of plaque. 
Reaching the end of the trail would probably mean more if I had actually started at the beginning.
A good goal would be to (eventually) run on every part of the trail, even if I did it over several sessions. 

I AM SO SLOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment