Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April 8, 2014

I'm housesitting this week. 
So I'm watching EVERY movie on cable.

The Great Gatsby
Removed from the media hype surrounding its' release, it's an easy to follow, stylish adaptation that made me want to leaf through the book again.

Red Eye
Directed by Wes Craven, it's a throwback to a type of thriller that did not rely on gore and blood. It's definitely an homage to Hitchcock. It's a tight 85 minutes and it's well worth your time.

Identity Thief
It was funny enough and your enjoyment will depend on how you feel about Melissa McCarthy (I love Sookie, so I had a great time). But it spent quite a bit of time trying to humanize and add depth to these ridiculous characters. Which worked, but made it a different movie than I was expecting.

The Internship
You know these two guys.
The story shines an extremely positive light on Google.
Technology is really about bringing people the information they need to do what they love. 

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
I mostly fast forwarded through this one.
When I saw one of the production companies was from Abu Dhabi, my concerns were validated.

Smash Up: Science Fiction Double Feature Expansion

The new factions (Cyborg Apes, Shapeshifters, Time Travelers, and Secret Agents) are awesome.
My buddy kicked my butt with them today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment