Sunday, June 2, 2013

Recharge Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

June 2, 2013
(Note:  I've kept this blog for almost 1000 posts. I think I've posted the link to this blog on Facebook twice. The only other times I've shared this, various colors of Johnny Walker were involved. Again, I know this is stupid (a real theme tonight). The whole reason I made this separate was to not bother you (like posting one link in your newsfeed was going to kill someone). I'm so glad that I'm getting comfortable with Facebook as it's dying out and people are jumping to Instagram and Tumblr. I'll get comfortable with those in another decade.)

Oh, and normally this blog isn't so meta.
It's usually a bunch of links and videos and things like that.
(p.s. Tonight the color was red.)
Pictures

The anxiety I have over sharing pictures is completely irrational.
In my phone, I had over three years worth of photos.
That does turn my Facebook profile into a time machine.

The pictures had been posted here on the blog.
Sheltered from the outside world where no one could see them.
Which is completely stupid because it eliminates the fun of sharing.
It's fun to find that someone has posted a picture of me. 
So why wouldn't other people have that same experience?

Facebook feels like I'm standing in the middle of the mall shouting "HEY EVERYONE!!! I MADE PICTUREGRAPHS!! ALL PEOPLE SHOULD LOOK AT MY INSTAGRAPHS!!"
I should get over it.
Photos are made for sharing.

There is a slight privacy concern.
But I didn't tag anyone on Facebook.
And I think my profile is locked down pretty tight.
So I posted the photos with everything private, then opened the albums up to share with only friends. That way, the photos are there, but you weren't shot with a flare gun notification.


Today's Photo:

I live 400 feet away from a coffee shop with a shady patio.
And I'm almost sure they have Wi-Fi.
Why don't I spend more time here?

No comments:

Post a Comment