Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 164 - Try to Stop Exaggerating

March 18, 2011
You probably saw this already, but I just heard about it today.





People are calling this the worst song ever.  Really?  If everyone hates it, then why is it so popular?  I don't understand people who put that much energy into tearing things down.  Is it the best song ever?  Not even close.  But no one is forcing you to watch it.  I've heard it enough now that I kind of like it.  I don't mean that ironically.  I think it's kind of catchy.  It makes me laugh, which brings me joy.
Thanks, RB.

I also liked the part where someone tweeted Rebecca Black saying: "Forget Beiber Fever, I have Black Plague!!"  

In an effort to do something more worthwhile today, I finally finished this book:  
It's an oral history of North Korea told by defectors who escaped.  Several times as I was reading, I thought it was a book about the dark ages.  While there's no electricity, the country is ravaged by a  devastating famine.  Doctors spend two months gathering their own herbs, teachers must play the accordion while their children starve to death, and people have to poop in a bucket for fertilizer. 
It all happened within the last 20 years.  
AND IT'S STILL HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.

The book makes it very clear that the North Korean people aren't the problem.  If you were raised in that situation, you might do some of the same things.

Consider that before complaining about your busted March Madness bracket.


 Count your blessings that basketball can be something you care about.  
Go Noles!

No comments:

Post a Comment