Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 167 - "It's A Game About Cleaning Up. Why Is That Fun?"

March 21, 2011

Here's what I know about myself: When I get stressed, games help me.  They soothe me.  
Maybe it's because the outcome of a game doesn't matter.  
Maybe it helps me to feel a sense of control.  
Maybe it's because my brain can't distinguish between real accomplishment (finishing boards) and fake accomplishment (rolling up a monster truck).

For these reasons, Katamari Forever calms me.


 The story is ludicrous.  Here's Katamari Damacy  (the first game in this series) from Wikipedia:

"The game's plot concerns a diminutive prince on a mission to rebuild the stars, constellations and Moon which were accidentally destroyed by his father, the King of All Cosmos (WHILE HE WAS DRUNK). This is achieved by rolling a magical, highly adhesive ball called a katamari around various locations, collecting increasingly larger objects, ranging from thumbtacks to people to mountains, until the ball has grown great enough to become a star. Katamari Damacy's story, characters, and settings are bizarre and heavily stylized, rarely attempting any resemblance of realism."

(Parentheses mine)

That might help this part make more sense:



It's like a massage for my mind grapes.  
Thanks, Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment