Monday, February 20, 2012

New Toy

February 14, 2012
Kendamas

Where did these come from?
Kendamas have become super popular all of a sudden.


But I already see how this craze will end:



Today I watched a "Bachelor"/"Downton"double feature.
Never have there been two more different viewpoints on love.


Linkage:

The Love Competition from Brent Hoff on Vimeo.
Article by Cassie Murdoch on Jezebel





by June Thomas on Slate
My own household of servants is currently being called upon to prevent me from engaging the caps lock key for the next few paragraphs. Perhaps they’ll permit me one “OMFG!” They sure shoehorned a lot of significant events of great import into two hours of television, eh? I can’t possibly discuss all that action, so let me focus on a few key kisses.




by David Jacoby on Grantland

Courtney (The Bachelor, Lisanti), 25 points: Courtney the Bill Belichick of Bachelorettes was once again eviling her way right into Ben’s heart by being the only lady in the bunch who has mastered the attack-and-then-retreat tactic of seduction. 
She is the greatest strategic mind of our time. But she wasn’t born that way. GRTFL super-scorer Caitlin Mangum brought it to my attention that Courtney honed her techniques on some Kiwi reality show titled Treasure Island: Couples at War and (allegedly) has dated a bunch of Hollywood bros, including Vinnie Chase himself. It could be her nature. It could be her experience. I don't care. I'm just happy she ended up the way that she is. I swear she's the one who told Tom Coughlin to put 12 men on the field during the final seconds of the Super Bowl.


by Erin Foster on Hello Giggles
I know the kinds of things you did yesterday. You were at work with one eye on your computer and the other eye looking out for a floral delivery. You were opening every door with a prepared surprise face. You were telling everyone how lame and meaningless this holiday is, while secretly getting more pissed that the day was going by without anyone professing love to you. You went on all the important exes Facebook pages to see if they wrote any cute wall posts to their dumb ass girlfriend who doesn’t have even half of your pizzazz. You considered taking a picture of your friend’s flowers and pretending a secret admirer sent them to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment