Monday, April 30, 2012

Apple Pie Apple

April 25, 2012
Slow Jam The News
 with the "Barackness Monster"



by Chuck Klosterman on Grantland
In a histrionic world where American Idol and The Voice somehow represent the apotheosis of vocal culture, you'd think Stapp would deserve the Congressional Medal of Honor. His bearlike delivery defines the great/terrible conceit (when Stapp truly goes for the jugular, his howl is like an F-14 flying 40 feet off the ground). He paces around and seems randomly unhinged, periodically slapping his own chest like Kevin Garnett in the playoffs. Everyone in the front row wants to touch him, but respectfully so; sometimes they only need to touch his fingertips.
Creed's highest artistic achievement is the (excellent) song "My Own Prison," the first single they ever released. It's Creed at their upmost Creediest. Lyrical themes include despair, self-loathing, Golgotha, drugs, the shackles of self-awareness, metaphorical lions, actual lions, hypocrisy, Crime and Punishment, and the desperate notion of surrendering one's agency to a Higher Power. The payoff explodes at the end, where Stapp insists, "I created, I created, I created, I created, I created, I created my own prison." Free will: intact.
I've long wondered if this song is popular inside actual prisons.

Summer Rays - Toyohashi 

Rookies Sports Bar in Colombia City
We are located in Columbia City at 3820 S Ferdinand St (next door to Jones BBQ). We invite you to come by for your favorite sporting event, Happy Hour or Sunday Brunch and enjoy our excellent food in our comfortable confines, featuring reclaimed floors and bartops as well as custom artwork, and of course, 12 flat-screen TVs.
A TBTL Shout out means I'll visit soon.


Iron Man

Iron Man 2
Working on my Avengers preparedness.

Today's Photo:

Apple Pie Flavor.
Made with real apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment