Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Weather Messed With My Indoor Plans

April 2, 2012
It was supposed to be terrible weather today.








Star Wars Han and Luke Stormtrooper Bobbleheads
A Comicon Exclusive.

Batman Bobblehead




by Bill Ward
Why are 70 million Americans having trouble getting a good night's sleep? Let us count the ways:
We are over-caffeinated and overmedicated, wreaking havoc with slumber patterns.
We are over-wired and overstressed, making us too restless to doze off when we should.
We are overworked and overweight.
And then there's societal pressure, what nationally recognized sleep expert Dr. Mark Mahowald calls "the pervasive, erroneous attitude that sleep is not a biological imperative, that it is negotiable. We have raised sleep deprivation to a badge of honor."


from Hello Giggles
After waking up from a particularly restful 3pm nap, I had an overwhelming sense of comfort and lay in my bed basking in the glory of the good old-fashioned afternoon nap. Now in my opinion naps have got a bad rep. They are considered the fodder of toddlers and octogenarians and well quite frankly, I wont stand for it.
Supposedly, when you are growing you need more sleep so it’s ok to nap. Well as far as I am concerned we are all still growing. That’s the whole point isn’t it? To grow as a person everyday. If that’s right I think I am entitled to take a daily nap, without being considered lazy.I think the reason why naps are not a la mode, is because they rely on your ability to take a break from whatever work you do in order to take this nap. And they also have a sneaky way of suggesting life can be exhausting and people don’t seem to like that. They don’t seem to mind being tired but they laugh at my fondness for naps. Well I have made a resolution never to be tired again. I am either up and ready to face the world or sleeping.I understand you might still have reservations, and a whole list as to why you don’t have time to nap in this busy world in which we live. So I decided to list all of the best reasons why you should consider adding a good old nap into your routine:

It's a comic written by a 5 year old but illustrated by his 29 year old brother.
Read the first episode and know it gets better from there

This guy was all over Comicon.  He was on my podcast: TBTL.
He was supposed to be at the panel for "Ready Player One" until he got too popular and couldn't make it.
He wrote a series called "Games of Our Lives" at AV Club about classic video games.
He has a new show called "Tabletop" about board games.
He invites guests who have not played before and they figure the game out together.  
And have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment