Thursday, April 5, 2012

Emerald City Comicon

April 1, 2012
This photo does not do justice to the enormity of the main floor.

Tons of costumes came out after lunch.
I guess it takes a while to get ready.

Every Mega Man villain on one poster.



Stargate made out of legos



A huge game library where you could check out the games and give them a test drive.



Mikeatron
My brother went to high school with Mike.
He had a table in Artists Alley.
You can check out his art on his tumblr.


Rob and Big 
Breaking World Records
These guys are so positive.
It's infectious.
They start breaking records at 9:45


The Newsroom
from Aaron Sorkin
I still quote West Wing on a daily basis.
There is a twitter feed just devoted to his dialogue


Emily Gordon (Gynomite) on Gaming Rage
My whole life, I have always been the even-tempered voice of reason. As a kid, I was the family peacemaker, negotiating arguments between my mom and my sister. I was a peer mediator in high school, where  my combat-booted self refereed conflicts between cheerleaders, and followed that up with a degree in psychology and a masters degree in counseling. It’s not that I don’t get angry or shy away from conflict- I just have an enormous well of patience for people’s problems. Diplomacy, it would seem, is in my DNA.

Which is one of many reasons why I love playing video games.
In life, I juggle the needs and egos of several bosses, I am the shoulder that my friends cry on, and I am always the one to keep my cool in high-pressure situations. In video games, I am a hurricane-like force of chaotic murderous action. There is no dealing with me, there is no reasoning with me- in video games, there is only you getting out of my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment