Sunday, January 23, 2011

Too Beautiful To Live: Why Blogging Matters

Day 105 - January 18, 2011


The more I look at other blogs around the interwebs, the more I wonder, what’s the point of blogging?  Obviously, this experience is not really for the masses due to the horrendously low readership.  So in looking at other blogs, it seems like there are two major kinds.  There are the uber specific blogs that focuses very closely on one particular interest or hobby.  And the amalgamation blogs that are scattershot about covering a wide range of topics. 

I am interested in more than one specific thing and I think I would drive myself crazy if I focused so closely on one topic.  New things come up all the time and I think a blog that is too focused on just taking pictures of school lunches (which was a great idea) would be too narrow to encompass everything that catches my attention.  So, in thinking about what kind of blogs I like to read, I've figured out what kind of blog I would want this to be.  

Essentially, I would want to be a shadow of TBTL.  TBTL is a podcast, but they are also way of looking at the world.  They kind of have a stated goal (“To eradicate loneliness around the world?), but they don’t work on that mission directly.  They just want to be friendly and talk about things that interest them.  They want the time spent with the listeners to be a fun, community building, and maybe even enlightening experience.  

RAWR!  (That's TBTL-speak for "Awesome")

No comments:

Post a Comment