Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 91 - 1/4/11


At the last minute, I was asked to referee two basketball games.  It's very difficult to referee by yourself because you only see the action from one angle and naturally, you miss some things.  Normally, when an official is alone, coaches cut the referee some slack because it's understood that you won't see everything.  

I guess our coach didn't know any of that, because he kept complaining about things that were wrong.  No, Coach, you can't double team.  It's in the rules.  No, Coach, they can press because they're down ten points.  Yes, Coach, your team complains and blames the referee because they learned it from you.  And yes, Coach, I've never heard anyone so upset about winning a game by 20 points.



I wanted to relax when I got home but my guitar strings were out of tune and needed to be changed.  Changing strings isn't as much fun as playing.  I'll change them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment