Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 89 - 1/2/11


Every year, my family makes predictions on New Year's Eve.  We predict things that will happen to us personally, news events at the local, national and international levels, sports, and entertainment.  Then before we make predictions for the coming year, we look back at our predictions from last year and see how we did.  There's usually a lot of head slapping.  How could I have such little faith in Jimbo Fisher? (FSU beats Florida but no bowl game).  And why didn't I bet on the World Cup?  (Spain.  Not like I was going out on a limb there...)


We have a book where we keep all the predictions.  It goes all the way back to 1983, the year I was born.  I didn't make many predictions back then.  But I learn so much.  Like I learn that my mom thought that I would be a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment