Sunday, August 19, 2012

TBTL is Picnic Potluckers

August 8, 2012

Salon.com
But I admit: I do it too. I’ll drop an exclamation point or nine in an email or text to smooth the transaction. I do it not because I’m nice but because I’m lazy: Instead of finding the right words I find the “Shift” and the “1″ keys. Synthetic excitement explodes out of my cursor, unearned. And I can sound friendly without all the effort of actually being friendly.
But I’ve also come to hate it. I hate that I’m trapped by it, that if I don’t put six exclamation points in an email or text I sound like a jaded ex-bullfighter or a 13-year-old goth girl.


BMX Downhill Riding
The Olympic Committee won't let you embed any of their clips.
But, of course, you can videotape your tv screen and there's nothing they can do about that.
It is nice to see them embrace these newer, "extreme" sports.

Is there a danger the Olympics will turn into the corporate-sponsored X-Games?

Today's Photos:
From the TBTL Potluck at Chateau St. Michelle






No comments:

Post a Comment