Friday, August 10, 2012

That Looks Heavy

July 29, 2012

Zulfiya Chinshanlo
According to this article, she's Chinese, but competes for Kazakhstan.
She said she wouldn't have had this opportunity if she stayed in China, thought that sounds like there wasn't room on the team for her, which seems crazy since she won the Gold.

She weights 117 pounds, but lifted 289 pounds in the Clean & Jerk.
I can't do that.

Spoilers
I know the Olympics aren't live.
And I know that trying to maintain media silence is difficult.
But I don't understand the psychology of someone who posts results on social media.
When all you say is "Go USA! Way to get a gold gymnasts!", you are not contributing to the conversation.
There's no fresh take in that comment.
No genius insight into the situation.
It seems to me to be a simple case of informational bragging.
"Guess what I know that you don't."
Except I'm sure that information wasn't hard to come by.
There is no reason to share that piece of information

I get that news is news, and the media has to cover this in a timely fashion. And I also understand that most people think the NBC coverage is shit, so why would you wait for them to bring you the event on tape delay when you could just stream the events online?

NPR
Everything is dangerous if you use it wrong.


Saw this in the paper today.

No comments:

Post a Comment