Wednesday, October 31, 2012

ALL YOUR DOMOS ARE BELONG TO US

October 18, 2012
 
Q:In a widely distributed press release you said, “I think people would be surprised when these songs were written or who they were written for.” Do you prefer to keep your songs’ subjects private?
A: I think the last shred of privacy that I still have is about these songs. But songs are very rarely what people think they’re about. I’ve never really talked about who my songs are about when they were written. I’m not going to start now. People will reflect what they want on to the songs. I believe that when you tell someone exactly what a song is about it takes the power away and they can’t put themselves into it. It changes the perspective of the song.

 
60 Second Adventures in Religion
 
Why Sports Logos Are Important
 
40 Pumpkins for Gamers and Nerds
 
Today's Photo:
These costumed Domos were supposed to motivate children.
But I also wanted the whole set.
Some kids wanted to earn the Domos so they could give them to me.
So I was just finding another way to motivate children.
I was definitely not exploiting children to earn keychains for me.
At least that's the story I tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment