Thursday, October 4, 2012

Weight Off My Shoulders

September 19, 2012
 
Korean Rap Social Complexities
This video came out of nowhere.  Then it was on SNL.  Now I find out it's actually a culturally relevant skewering of a nouveau riche neighborhood in Seoul. 
Mind exploded.

Espn for Gamers
"Twitch Manuevers" is now the biggest, live-streaming, competitive video gaming site.  With commentators for games.  If you'd watch scrabble or chess on TV, why not video games?

Ron Swanson Bacon Slam Poetry

Today's Photo:

One of many positives about teaching math all day.
I don't even bring my backpack inside the building.

Note:
I know the blog has turned into links only at this point.  As we near the end of the month, I'm getting more and more worried about finding a place to live.  That means I rarely have time to go out and do anything blog-worthy.  I work 7:00am to 5:00pm everyday, so the only time I can really go look at apartments is on weekends.  Every weekend, I'm getting out and seeing places and hanging out in neighborhoods, but I'm not finding a good place at a good price.  Maybe there's just nothing out there. 
Regardless, I have to be out at the end of the month and I feel myself freaking out a little.  I don't think I'll be homeless.  And I have the money to get a decent apartment in these neighborhoods.  But, as I feel like my back is against the wall, I'm starting to compromise. 
"Maybe I don't need parking near my apartment.  A three mile hike to my car in the morning is a great start to the day!" 
 
"Maybe having a functioning toilet is overrated.  People used to crap out in the woods.  That could be a fun community event!"
 
"Maybe having a fear that I'll be shived when I leave my apartment is a good thing.  It's another motivation to go running!"
 
Also, this has left me way behind on the blog.  Which doesn't really matter, but it's just another result of feeling unsettled.  I'm posting this on October 4th.  I'm like sending this post back into the past.
Like Looper.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment