Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I can play Volleyball, but I can't tell you how

Day 111 - January 24, 2011


Give me any sport with a net, and I can probably play it pretty well.  The net helps negate my natural height disadvantage because I can play smarter not taller.

So naturally, on the first day of Volleyball practice, someone asks me, "Can you help me serve?".  Drawing on my years of Tennis, I showed them what an overhand serve looks like by pounding one over the net.  The kid said "Ok, can you help ME serve now?"  Not trying to be a jerk, I said "Umm... I'm not sure how to serve a Volleyball.  I need to go learn first.  I'll teach you once I learn."

Also, I didn't feel comfortable taking pictures of practice.  There's a ton of weird tension between our girls in their spandex and the wrestling team in their spandex.  We don't need pictures of spandex here.

No comments:

Post a Comment