Saturday, February 26, 2011

Oh, That's Why We Always Start in Fremont

Day 142 - February 25, 2011



Pie happened again.  I'll stop eating it when it stops being so good.  Around the corner is a very sleazy looking Russian dumpling place that shares the lobby with a tattoo parlor.   Dumplings were ok, but I think I would have been happier if I'd stuck with the pies.  I haven't tried the Mac and Cheese Pie yet, but I hear it's amazing.


In an effort to try out some new establishments, we tried Wallingford for a change.  This abandoned warehouse is the Iron Bull.  The picture was taken at 11:30 on a Friday.  We couldn't decide if this was awesome or lame.  Awesome because we got full run of the shuffleboard table and quick service. Lame because we felt lonely.





Maybe Nick didn't feel so lonely.



We ended the night at the Grizzled Wizard.  I liked it because they served Black Raven and had a free arcade machine.  They were also playing a ridiculous blacksploitation horror film without the sound.  Also, there was nobody here as well.  I don't know if these places are always this dead or if it's just the nuclear winter we've been having.  The lonliness made it tough for Whitney to enjoy his Super Pac-Man, which he should be loving right now.  Look at the size of Pac-Man!!


No comments:

Post a Comment