Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Grammy's Validate My Musical Choices

Day 131 - February 13, 2011


Bruno Mars is talented.  That "Grenade" song is just so dumb.  Until he slowed it down to a 50's Doowop style and completely knocked it out of the park.  Immediately after that, he runs to the drums and starts hammering out Janelle Monet's "Cold War".  And I officially became a fan.  I still don't listen to any of his music.  But the fact that he makes it, I respect that.












Mumford and Sons - My friends have been on them for months.  Easy to love.  Their songs are so timeless and profound.  Plus, I've just read "East of Eden" so, "Timshel" gets extra points.

Cee Lo - Peacock and Puppets.  He's so likeable and the rest of the album is pretty good too.  So why are we getting so caught up on the "F#@% You" song?  Oh, cause it's a J-A-M.  Right.

1 comment:

  1. Cee Lo did a Band of Horses cover that was awesome! I heard it on KEXP maybe a month ago? I need to read East of Eden now since I already love Mumford and Sons.

    ReplyDelete