Wednesday, February 2, 2011

EASTSIDERS!!!! MOUNT UP!!!

Day 115 - January 28, 2011





Sometimes I forget that I grew up in Sammamish.  I have so many connections to that town in my adult life through coaches, teachers and kids, and almost no connections to the school from my days there as a student.  Today was a great example.  I still attend the IJH staff party which is kind of weird because I haven't worked there for 18 months.  I don't want to become Wooderson from "Dazed and Confused".  But they keep sending me invitations and giving me beer and food.  How could I turn that down?

The Eastlake Basketball games was another weird experience.  I either taught, coached, or worked with half the people in that gym.   Though I haven't really kept in touch with the kids at all.  I get this moment with every kid where I have a mini panic attack trying to remember their name and any relevant details about them.  I've started to develop some stock conversation tactics. 

 In response to "Why did you change schools?", I say either:

"Once you graduated, it was all downhill from there." 
or 
"I knew every other kid would look like a moron compared to you.  I figured I should go out on a high note."  

No comments:

Post a Comment