Sunday, February 13, 2011

WALKERED!!! DIESELED!!! ... BREWSTERED?!?

Day 128 - February 10, 2011

My Brother has decided that we are watching all the "Fast and Furious" movies.  This is so we can steep ourselves in the deep mythology of the franchise before we see "Fast 5".  Originally, I hated this idea.  I think these movies are stupid.  I don't really care about cars and everyone in this movie is horrible.

But a strange thing happened as we were watching it.  I got into it.  Mostly because he got into it.  Memories started rushing back to me and I started to recall some of the dialogue:

"You almost had me?  You never had me!!  You never had your car!!"

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time."

There were explosions.  And ridiculous plot holes.  Once I started thinking about the movie as a really lame version of "Point Break", I started to have a good time.  And I think we're watching "2 Fast 2 Furious" next week.

The title of this post comes from whenever Paul Walker said a tough guy catchphrase that he couldn't really pull off, we'd shout "WALKERED!!"

Vin Diesel - Great actor?  Or the Greatest actor?

No comments:

Post a Comment