Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Reading Is Cool Again

Day 114 - January 27, 2011

KINDLE!!!  I don't know why this is better than books, but it totally is!!!  I immediately downloaded 30 free books, because I need to have War and Peace on my Kindle just in case I'm in the mood to visit Moscow during the Napoleonic Wars.

I've been asking everyone about their thoughts on the Kindle.  It's getting mixed revues but I've seen a definite pattern emerge.

Group A:  
People that DON'T have a Kindle say that:
The Kindle kills the Mom and Pop bookstore.
The Kindle is elitist.
You can't share Kindle books with a friend (not true).
You can't write in the margins (also not true).
Kindle won't smell like a book (impossible to verify).

Group B:
Everyone that has a Kindle freaking LOVES it.

Being in Group B is amazing.  Suck it, Group A!!
I can't hear your hating over the sound of my new, fancy, electronic, book learning

No comments:

Post a Comment