Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Am Patches O'Hoolihan

January 22, 2013
I hate the New England Patriots. I hate the Baltimore Ravens, Ray Lewis is particular. When you two teams you strongly dislike play one another, that's what we Internet folk like to call a Meteor Game, because you're rooting for a meteor to strike both teams so that everyone dies and you are happy, which is a pleasant thought. No one said sports are rational.
The good thing about watching a Meteor Game is that it helps you really zero in on which team you hate the most.

A tragic but very real story of a woman from Brooklyn going through the emotions of a platonic relationship becoming more and then falling apart. A good read shared by YMFY.
I MET him when I was 22 and squandering a year of my life (and liver quality) working as a waitress in my Massachusetts hometown. I was an Ivy League graduate who’d always had a plan, and suddenly I had no plan. All my life I had been regimented, disciplined and very, very good, but I didn’t want to be that girl in the front row raising my hand with the right answers anymore. So I traded in my sharpened pencils for an apron and a pair of clogs, and started serving tables five nights a week at a local pub.

The site is called, "Get Your Sh!t Together".
Today's Photo:
Over 100 kids are playing dodgeball.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment