Tuesday, January 8, 2013

"Take them out to the MOVIES!"

January 3, 2013
 
 
 
He looked over at me. "So, were we friends?"
 
I just stared. Would it be rude if I told him that I never really thought of him as a friend? I mean, if one person thought of another as a friend, and the other person denied it, that would be hurtful. But Tom had no memory of me one way or the other. As I was thinking this, he spoke.
 
"It's okay. There's often this . . . gray area, I guess you'd call it, in human relationships, isn't there? We meet people, we see them every day, we say hello, but we don't really know them. We say they're our friends, but really, you can't be friends with the hundreds of people you meet, can you? It's enough that we had a shared history together. We were in the same places for a time. We were part of each other's fabric." He made a rubbing gesture with his fingers and thumb.
 
 
Largehearted Boy Aggregate Lists
 
Would love to try the top 3. (Saga, Hawkeye, and Prophet)
 
 
Get up early, and get to bed early.
Not exactly rocket science.
 
 
I love year end lists.  Can you tell?
 
Just in case I get bored with teaching. It could happen.

Today's Photo:
Leftover from MOHAI
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment