Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 187 - SWINGERS!!!

April 10, 2011


Spring Softball League started off with a bang.  We maxed out in the second inning, scoring nine runs.  We seemed unstoppable until we gave up nine runs in the top of the third.  I know I didn't help.  My defense was fine, but at the plate I tried to absolutely murder the ball with every swing.  I was way out in front and poked a few off the end of the bat.  It's slow pitch softball.  The ball is coming slower than you think.  The key to getting a hit is right there in the title. 
The Famous Late-Inning Swinger Power Outage


I managed to earn the nickname "Sabo" after the former Cincinnati Third Baseman, Chris Sabo.  He was a Rookie of the Year, a three time All-Star, and won a World Series.  I don't see the resemblance, but I'll take the comparison.  I didn't play up to my nickname this week. Going 1-4 is not going to get it done, even if my lone hit was a solo home run. (Humblebrag?)
So we didn't win the first game.  One game isn't a big deal.  
There's an old saying in baseball:  
Every team is going to win 54 games.  
Every team is going to lose 54 games.  
It's what you do with the other 54 games that counts.

(What's that?  We only play SEVEN games!?!?!)  
Ok, that game was a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment