Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 182 - "You Gotta Keep On Playing, No Matter With Who"

April 5, 2011
I miss playing music in a band.  And without the band as motivation, sometimes it's hard to keep practicing.  But I still love to play from time to time.  I'm probably not as good as I once was, but I'm surprised that I've kept most of my range.  I found I could still play some of the old covers if I could remember the melodies.  I'm really glad I invested in a great mute, so I can really go for the high notes.  Like in this Save Ferris song, "Everything I Want To Be", I have to blow serious air at the end.




The title of this post is from "That Thing You Do!".  It's the advice Del Paxton gives to Guy Patterson when the Wonders break up.  

"That Thing You Do!" was also one of the first songs I learned on guitar.



Del was right.
My Pick Of Destiny

No comments:

Post a Comment