Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 345 - Mobile Food Rodeo

September 17, 2011

There's an old joke about an amusement park that has "the line ride".  All you do is stand in line.  That is the entirety of the experience.  The Mobile Food Rodeo felt like that with only a few good snacks thrown in.
When I don't think about all the time spent in line, I look at the goodies from "Bigfood" and it looks amazing.  But by the time we finally got the food, we were already in a bit of a funk.  I'm sure it would have tasted better if we had been well rested.  I was suckered in by the promise of Duck Confit.  But they sold out as we reached the front of the line.
This is the menu:
We also tried "Snout" which won the audience vote as the best truck at the rodeo.  
Whitney, what did you think of Snout?
I felt the same way.
We were unimpressed.

Linkage:

Moment of Silence from Runner’s World
Great read about a man who used running to cope with 9/11

No comments:

Post a Comment