Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 347 - Leroy


September 19, 2011

For better or worse, my father loves his car.  It's a 1977 VW bus.  It's a great car... when it runs.  I mean, it's great if you can overlook the dysfunctional heater, the broken muffler, and tonight's brake rotor replacement.  
(Is a brake rotor a thing?  It sounded like that's what Dad was saying.)


Every time I sit in the car, I think about the Dharma vans from "Lost".
That was the moment when Lost became unreal.  It wasn't the polar bears, or the time travel, or the unexplained resurrections.  The most unbelievable part of Lost was the Dharma vans that functioned after 30 years in the jungle.

Dad's car is named Leroy.  It has become so associated with him that the kids at his old school made a Bookface page for his car.
Please help me convince him to get a Tuareg.

Linkage:
Can Bird Poop Crack A Windshield?
Now there’s something else to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment