Thursday, January 5, 2012

On Flip-Flopping

January 1, 2012

The Zombie Sonics are one of the favorites to win the NBA Championship this year. I used to support this team because they used to be our team, but now they aren't our team, so now I can't support them.  It's undeniable that I enjoy watching the players on this team. The team is youthful, dynamic, and exuberant.  At the same time that I'm rooting for spectacular individual plays (as a fan of basketball), I'm rooting for the team to fail spectacularly.  But the collected group of individuals should never have success as a group.  

I can't tell if I'll never flip-flop on this stance, or if I already have.
Linkage:
A Breakdown Of The Most Orgiastically Happy Franchise In Sports: THUNDER!!
The glowing ball of love that is the Oklahoma City Thunder bounces into the fourth season of its existence with every possible reason to feel good. Feeling good, in fact, is practically the Thunder's whole mission statement. Since riding into town on a rainbow in 2008, the Thunder have overachieved...
And OK, yes, the rainbow originated in Seattle, where it was a storm cloud made of betrayal and Gary Payton's tears, but it's always raining in Seattle, and no one said sports would be easy, and … look, this is a piece about Oklahoma City, OK?

Durant and Westbrook Have An Altercation

30 Paragraphs about 30 Teams

No comments:

Post a Comment