Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What Day Is This?

January 18, 2012
The day I'm posting this is not the 18th.   
I am writing this post on the 25th.  
Looking back, I still post in the present tense, even when I'm a week behind.  I guess I was trying to make each post sound like it was fully completed by the date on the post.

The point of the blog is to find something noteworthy each day.  (Hey, the blog a point now!) That's why I've stuck with the daily posting format even though I'm usually a week behind.  I have the pictures ready to go, but I'm slowly working through my twitter favorites to find stories that are fun as well.  But those stories don't have to get posted on the 18th because I'm not reading them on the 18th.  I didn't read anything exciting on the internet on the 18th.  I took a walk to Redbox and Starbucks.  Then drank that Starbucks mocha on my way to another Starbucks where I ordered a hot tea.  That's what was noteworthy about the 18th.  Of course other activities happened too (Skyrim, Rocksmith, reading, Jimmy Fallon, and cleaning out my car), but I've already posted about those things, or they aren't that exciting.  The walk was all I did, so it's all that needs to be included on this day. 

 So I know the posting is slow.  
I'm going to try and stay more current, hoping that immediacy trumps depth.

And I know I've got to clean up some of the old links on the side of the page, and update the blogroll.  And make a new spot for "Friends of the Blog" that I actually know and a different spot for the "Blogroll" of other sites I visit.

Also, I think the blog needs a new title. 
Daily...Digital ... Scrapbook
Maybe that could get abbreviated like a dentist.
Eric's Blog: D.D.S.
Just thinking out loud.

Thanks for reading the most ridiculous and unnecessary post so far.  
You're a good sport.







Redbox is packed on snow days.  


Linkage:

Step by Step instructions on how to make things like this:


Recently, Breckon roped his mother into playing the open-world RPG, and began tweeting the highlights and quotes from her lavender-filled quest on his Skyrim Mom feed. The results have been predictably delightful, generating such insights as:

On ranged combat: “It was all dark and everyone was hiding behind boulders, and I didn't want to die again, so I just kept shooting and shooting and shooting.” (tweet)
On accepting rides from strangers: "I got in some guy's cart and thought, 'Shit, I don't know where he's gonna take me! I had to get out; who knows where he was going.'" (tweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment