Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bachelor: Not My Worst Choice. Not My Best Choice.

January 2, 2012
Someone made the suggestion we tune in.
I didn't put up a fight.
Besides, last year's finale was crazy.

Linkage:
Okay, that’s not entirely true. I’ve seen Intervention. But when it comes to the guiltiest of TV’s guilty pleasures, The Bachelor is unmatched: The ABC series is truly one of the most depressing things to air on television.
Now, I like to think I have a good sense of humor. In fact, I’m such a huge fan of Schadenfreude, I’ve obsessively watched entire seasons of dating reality shows like Flavor of LoveRock of Love,Parental ControlMr. PersonalityTemptation Island, and, yes, even A Basement Affair. (Not to mention the fact that my basic cable-less teenage self was raised on 3 a.m. showings of the likes of ElimiDate and The 5th Wheel.) But there’s something about The Bachelor that leaves me wanting to cry like a regular off-camera Jenna.
by Kristen Baldwin on EW.com
In case you're not a member of Bachelor Nation, here's what you need to know: Last August, we watched in horror as Ben got down on bended knee to propose to some truly unfortunate hair extensions, the owner of which then squashed his manhood under her heel and whimpered, "I'm sorry." 
After the requisite mourning period/negotiations with ABC, Ben headed back to San Francisco bruised but not defeated. [Cue the Self-Justification Montage] There's wine to be made! Dirt to be sifted! Tractors to be driven! David Gray's "This Year's Love" to be played on an outdoor piano! And if Ben doesn't get busy turning that sailboat crank while wearing a bright orange tank top that shows off his buff, tanned arms, who will? Plus: "personal growth," "discovery," "love feelings," "clarity," etc. Okay, Team Bachelor -- that is enough talk. Release the hounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment