Monday, January 16, 2012

Toys + Time = Treasures

January 9, 2012
My family is cleaning out all of our old junk.  
I was given a chance to save the best treasures from the scrap heap.
These were the things I absolutely HAD to save.

Pikachu Talking Bank  

Did you forget how awesome Pokemon are/were?
Here's a reminder.
Good luck getting that out of your head.


Rubik's Cubes

As a kid, I would solve these by smashing them against the floor until the little cubes popped off. 
As an adult, I solved one with a step-by-step guide.
That kind of counts.  
This level of dedication escapes me.


Super Mario Bros Hologram Wallet

Nintendo was the first global phenomenon that grabbed me.
Exhibit 1
Exhibit 2 
Exhibit 3
And yes, I lost my $#!% when these shows came on TV.  
I filled VHS tapes with these shows.


Spherical Dice

They really work.


Super Mario McDonalds Toys

They don't jump the way they used to, but they still got hops.


Koosh Flingshot



Mervyn's Visor

My prize for winning a raffle at work.
Joy?


Cassette Tapes

"Feels So Good" is still one of my favorite songs.
The TMNT tape is a mystery to me.


Linkage:
SNL Bowl Madness
(Sorry for the poor quality.  It's all I could find.)

No comments:

Post a Comment