Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 360 - Narcolepsy

October 2, 2011

At some point in the last few years, I lost the ability to sleep in.  I literally cannot do it.  During the school year, my internal clock just decides that 8am is wake up time, regardless of my activities the night before.  


So it's Sunday, and I'm watching RedZone, and the 32 ounces of coffee are starting to wear off.  Football is normally exciting, but not the way the Seahawks do it.  
They are very bad at football.  
Very. 
Bad.
In fact, we're trying to suck this year so we can draft Andrew Luck.  But we have to be the worst team in the league to get him.  In essence, it's good that we suck.  We are very excited to get Andrew Luck.

But sucky football isn't super exciting.  And thus the fantastic, under-appreciated afternoon nap.

Linkage:


NY Times article about University of Chicago football.  The school cut the program to focus on academics, then quietly re-established football.

No comments:

Post a Comment