Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 351 - Khan Academy

September 23, 2011

My Boost kids need help with basic skills.  There is a free internet program called "Khan Academy" that will teach them basic skills.

Kids averaged 45 minutes on the site completing roughly a thousand arithmetic problems.
 Each row is a different kid in the class.  Most kids have completed "Addition 1" or "One digit by one digit addition". 
 I really hope they pass that exercise.

This is only a fraction of what's availible on the site. 
If I can ever get the videos past the district spam filter, this could be a powerful tool for kids.  And almost zero extra work for me. 

My goal is to help kids learn, not to drive myself nuts by creating tons of new content.

Linkage:
Create a profile and you can start earning BADGES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment