Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 206 - New Model. Original Parts.

April 29, 2011
Our Learning Center teacher was out sick today.  This means all our high needs kids, who I was told react poorly to change, would be working with different teachers all day.  When I was asked to cover the class, I instantly became nervous.  I didn't know what to expect from the kids.  I didn't know what the kids expected of me.  I didn't want to say or do the wrong thing.  I didn't want to embarrass myself by doing something stupid or by saying the wrong word ("bananas?") and making a kid upset.  I walked into the Learning Center with my head spinning thinking about all the things that could go wrong.  

This was our lesson plan today.
I helped two total sweethearts make brownies because that's what we do on Fridays.
The Learning Center is Awesome!

Speaking of Awesome...
Fast & Furious Four!!!  
"Heading back to the streets where it all began, two men rejoin two women to blast muscle, tuner and exotic cars across Los Angeles and floor through the Mexican desert.  When a crime brings them back to L.A., fugitive ex-con Dom Toretto reignites his fued with agent Brian O'Connor.  But as they are forced to confront a shared enemy, Dom and Brian must give in to an uncertain new trust if they hope to outmaneuver him.  And from convoy heists to precision tunnel crawls across international lines, two men will find the best way to get revenge: push the limits of what's possible behind the wheel."  (from IMDB)

These movies have nothing to do with street racing.  They are 80's action movies made two decades too late.  This is some of the best tough guy dialogue I've heard in years.

Brian:  This is where my jurisdiction ends.
Dom:  And this is where mine begins.

Mia:  Let's go before it's too late.
Dom:  It's already too late.

Dom (to a woman):  I'm a boy who appreciates a good body, regardless of the make.
The stunt where the crew is robbing the gas truck opens the movie.  The sequence ends with a flaming gas tanker bouncing down the road towards Vin Diesel's car.  He revs his engine and floors it at just the right moment to squeeze under the flaming gas tanker before it crashes into another flaming gas tanker exploding into a giant ball of awesomeness.

About an hour into the movie, I had to pause it and tell my brother: 
"I mean this without a hint of irony.  I am enjoying the $#!+ out of this movie.  I now live my life a quarter mile at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment