Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 214 - Work Before Play

May 7, 2011
This is where I spent my Saturday.  
Ugh.
You are not allowed to study in the waiting room.  One of the employees thought I was studying for my math test by reading a fiction book.  When I offered to show her my book to prove I wasn't studying, she declined.  Then she continued to explain why studying was not ok, though she never provided any concrete reasons.  Way to create a great testing environment.

I would like to share more about my experience, but I'm pretty sure someone would find a way to reprimand me for it.
It seems safe to share this:
As my reward for completing the test, 
it was FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!  
I hit two different shops, 
and 
(which is in the middle of a strip mall, and not, as the name would suggest, on a corner)

Everybody was super friendly and the comics were totally free.  But I felt guilty just grabbing the free stuff and leaving, so the three books at the bottom were not free.  
(But those are the three comics I'm most excited to read.)
(And the Darkwing Duck comic has a Rescue Rangers issue on the back.  Oh man, the Disney Afternoon was amazing!!  Ducktales, Gummy Bears, and TaleSpin had some of the best theme songs ever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment